Tuesday 24 October 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1916 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Pierre Sancan: French composer, pianist, teacher and conductor.
- Anne Sharp: Scottish soprano and actress (d. 2011).
- Moroccan troops capture Ft Douaumont
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?