Monday 15 October 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Around the World in Eighty Days, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1956 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 October
- Pyotr Bolotnikov runs world record 10k (28:42.8)
- William J Brennan Jr appointed to Supreme Court
- Yankees Enos Slaughter scores from 1st on a single in World Series
- Fortran, the first modern computer language, is shared with the coding community for the first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?