Monday 16 October 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Turner and Mary Lewis.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1916 ?
- George Turner: Australian author (d. 1997).
- Mary Lewis: American astrologer whose interest began during the '60s.
- Le Chevalier Louis: France Military man.
- Dodger manager Wilbert Robinson given $5,000 bonus
- T E Lawrence (of Arabia) meets with Fasal Hoessein
- Margaret Sanger founds Planned Parenthood by opening the first U.S. birth control clinic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Missouri Waltz - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Ada Jones
- When You Drop Off at Cairo, Illinois - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?