Saturday 21 September 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marta Boneschi and Giuseppe Bezza.
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Mixed Bill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1946 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Marta Boneschi: Italian writer, a journalist and essayist.
- Giuseppe Bezza: Italian astrologer.
- Jean-Jacques Peretti: French politician, mayor of Sarlat-la-Canéda and state councilor.
- Rose Garrard: English sculptor and author.
- Moritz Leuenberger: Swiss lawyer and politician 87th President of the Swiss Confederation.
- Ed Nimmervoll: Austrian-Australian journalist historian and author (d. 2014)
- Mart Siimann: Estonian psychologist and politician 12th Prime Minister of Estonia
- Indians play their final game in League Park, ending a 55-year stay
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?