Sunday 22 September 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1946 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Daniel E "Dan" Lungren: (Rep-R-California, 1979-88).
- Patrick Burtshell: .
- Larry Dierker: American baseball player and manager.
- Patrick Burtschell: French field hockey player (fullback); 1.75m, 80kg.
- King Sunny Ade: Nigerian singer.
- Evelyn Dick charged with butchering husband
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?