Saturday 15 September 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Shively and Oliver Gill.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
King of New York, directed by Abel Ferrara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Memories Of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jiskefet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Brigade or Cyber-Lip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1990 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:15 September
- 42nd Emmy Awards - LA Law and Murphy Brown win
- Chicago White Sox Bobby Thigpen is 1st to record 50 saves
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
- France announces it will send 4,000 troops to the Persian Gulf.
- Florida lottery goes over US$100 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- New Kids On The Block - Tonight
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?