Sunday 16 September 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serri .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
King of New York, directed by Abel Ferrara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Get a Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amida (video game) or Final Fantasy Legend II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1990 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Serri : South Korean singer dancer actress and model (Dal Shabet).
- 101 year old Sam Ackerman weds 95 year old Eva in New Rochelle, New York
- 42nd Emmy Awards: LA Law, Murphy Brown, Peter Falk and Patricia Wettig
- Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan wed
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Pirate Radio New York International begins transmissions on WWCR
- 101-year-old Sam Ackerman weds 95-year-old Eva in New Rochelle, New York.
- Iraq televises an 8-minute uncensored speech from US President George Bush.
- The railroad between the People's Republic of China and Kazakhstan becomes complete at Dostyk, adding a sizable link to the concept of the Eurasian Land Bridge.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- New Kids On The Block - Tonight
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?