Saturday 22 September 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
King of New York, directed by Abel Ferrara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1990 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Denard Robinson: American football player.
- Senem Kuyucuoğlu: Turkish model and television host.
- Luan Oliveira: Skateboarder.
- SimonHDS90 : YouTube Star.
- Amy Sheppard: Pop Singer.
- Jenn Im: YouTube Star
- Andre Dawson steals his 300th base and is only player other than Willie Mays to have 300 home runs, 300 steals and 2,000 hits.
- Saudi Arabia expels many Jordanian and Yemeni envoys.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 September 1990 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?