Tuesday 18 September 1990
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
King of New York, directed by Abel Ferrara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1990 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:18 September
- Atlanta is chosen to host 1996 (centennial) Summer Olympics
- A 500-pound 6-foot chocolate Hershey Kiss is displayed at 1 Times Square, New York City.
- Liechtenstein becomes a member of the United Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1990 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?