Wednesday 16 January 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Harvey Girls, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1946 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Kabir Bedi: Indian actor.
- Katia Ricciarelli: Italian soprano and actress.
- Ronnie Milsap: American singer and songwriter.
- Jean-Pierre Bouyxou: French film critic, author, filmmaker and actor.
- Michael L Coats in Sacramento: California, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 41-D, 29, 39).
- Johanna HC Albregt: Actress / Wife of Henri Dons (Paradise), dies at 71.
- Charles de Gaulle resigns as a head of a French provisional government.
- The UN Security Council holds its first session.
- Senator Dennis Chavez (D-NM) calls for a vote on an FEPC bill which calls for an end to discrimination in the workplace. A filibuster prevents it from passing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Symphony - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?