Wednesday 2 January 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1946 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Sonny Ruberto: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 2014).
- Jean-Bernard Pouy: French journalist, editor and writer, an author of espionage novels.
- Alain Marleix: French politician who was the Secretary of State for Veterans in the government of François Fillon from June 2007 to March 2008.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?