Thursday 3 January 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Shock, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1946 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Michalis Kritikopoulos: Greek footballer (d. 2002).
- Cissy King: American entertainer, a singer and dancer on the long-running Lawrence Welk Show.
- Lita Albuquerque: American contemporary artist, known by 1978 when sales of her work were commanding $45,000.
- John Jones: Bassist.
- William Joyce: American-Irish soldier and politician (d. 1946).
- Great Britain, Canada, and the United States make their first public disclosures about their chemical and biological warfare efforts during the war. American authorities reveal that they were prepared to act both defensively and offensively if Germany or Japan had started such warfare against the Allies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1946 and get them!