Wednesday 16 June 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include August Busch and Erich Segal.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1937 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- August Busch: American brewmaster and CEO of Anheuser-Busch.
- Erich Segal: American writer and educator.
- Simeon: Bulgarian royalty, the son of King Boris III and Queen Giovanna, Princess of Savoy.
- Serge Mericq: France sport Champion.
- Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: Bulgarian politician 48th Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?