Wednesday 16 June 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1937 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Erich Segal: American writer and educator.
- Simeon: Bulgarian royalty, the son of King Boris III and Queen Giovanna, Princess of Savoy.
- Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: Bulgarian politician 48th Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
- Serge Mericq: France sport Champion.
- August Busch: American brewmaster and CEO of Anheuser-Busch.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?