Saturday 16 June 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1956 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 June
- 56th US Golf Open: Cary Middlecoff shoots a 281 at Oak Hill Country Club - New York
- 88th Belmont: David Erb aboard Needles wins in 2:29.8
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?