Saturday 22 August 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Gorgeous Hussy, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1936 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Anne Downey: British circuit judge.
- Lex P Humphries: Drummer.
- Lyons Brown: American merchandise marketer, CEO specializing in the trade of china, luggage and liquor and large GOP head-fundraiser of a Washington-based company lobby, Brown-Forman.
- Charles Moritz: American executive and CEO in charge of Dun & Bradstreet, an information company specializing in the knowledge of financial strengths of other corporations, a giant in the Wall Street industries.
- Chuck Brown: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 2012).
- John Callaway: American journalist and producer (d. 2009)
- Dale Hawkins: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2010)
- Werner Stengel: German roller coaster designer and engineer designed the maverick roller coaster
- Juliette Adam-Lamber: French Author (Salon / Nouvelle Revue), dies at 99.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?