Wednesday 17 March 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Idol Dancer, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1920 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Olga Orozco: Argentine poet.
- John La Montaine: Oak Park, Illinois -- Composer (Pulitzer 1959).
- Mujibur Rahman: Bangladeshi politician 1st President of Bangladesh (d. 1975).
- George Hartzog: Colleton County Politician.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman: Founding Leader of Bangladesh (d. 1975).
- Donald Hornig: American chemist, explosives expert, teacher and presidential science advisor. He served as president of Brown University from 1970 to 1976. He died on 21 January 2013.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Bells of St Mary's - Frances Alda
- Wonderful Pal - George Meader
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?