Sunday 17 September 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1916 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Mary Stewart: English-Scottish author and poet (d. 2014).
- Mary [Florence Elinor] Stewart: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Crystal Cave).
- Ove J Abildgaard: Danish poet (Uglegylp).
- 40,000 Amsterdam demonstrators demand general voting right
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're a Dangerous Girl - Al Jolson
- There's Someone More Lonesome Than You - James F. Harrison & James Reed
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?