Thursday 18 February 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Martini and Dr Dre.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to This Diamond Ring by Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Lord Jim, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alarm in den Bergen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1965 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Peter Martini: Journalist.
- Dr Dre: American record producer and rapper.
- Gregory Scott Johnson: American murderer (d. 2005).
- Dre: American rap musician in the gangsta' rap genre.
- Gregory Johnson: American murderer (d. 2005).
- Fade Out-Fade In opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 72 performances
- Gambia gains independence from Britain (National Day)
- Frank Gifford announces his retirement from football for broadcasting.
- 27 copper miners die in avalanche, Granduc Mountain, British Columbia, Canada.
- The Gambia becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- ''Ranger 8'' crashes into the Moon, after a successful mission of photographing possible landing sites for the Apollo program astronauts.
- Suat Hayri Ürgüplü forms the new (interim) government of Turkey (29th government)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 February 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
- The Ad Libs - The Boy From New York City
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?