Saturday 18 January 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Lipton Cup: Introducing Sir Thomas Lipton, directed by Lem B. Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1913 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Danny Kaye: Brooklyn, New York -- UNICEF / comedian / actor ( Show).
- Franco Bordoni: Italian race car driver and entrepreneurial industrialist.
- Giannis Papaioannou: Turkey-born Greek musician and composer (Born 1913).
- Edmond R H Regout Dutch industrialist/politician: dies at age 49.
- Turkish-Greek sea battle near Troy.
- A Greek flotilla defeats the Ottoman Navy in the Naval Battle of Lemnos during the First Balkan War, securing the islands of the Northern Aegean Sea for Greece.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take, Oh Take Those Lips Away - John McCormack
- Long, Long Ago - Geraldine Farrar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?