Saturday 18 January 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Lipton Cup: Introducing Sir Thomas Lipton, directed by Lem B. Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1913 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Franco Bordoni: Italian race car driver and entrepreneurial industrialist.
- Giannis Papaioannou: Turkey-born Greek musician and composer (Born 1913).
- Danny Kaye: Brooklyn, New York -- UNICEF / comedian / actor ( Show).
- Edmond R H Regout Dutch industrialist/politician: dies at age 49.
- Turkish-Greek sea battle near Troy.
- A Greek flotilla defeats the Ottoman Navy in the Naval Battle of Lemnos during the First Balkan War, securing the islands of the Northern Aegean Sea for Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Long, Long Ago - Geraldine Farrar
- Take, Oh Take Those Lips Away - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 January 1913 and get them!