Tuesday 7 January 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Sodoms Ende, directed by Alfred Abel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1913 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Francis De Wolff: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (From Russia With Love).
- Shirley Ross: Omaha, Nebraska -- Actress (Cafe Society, Prison Farm).
- Waldemar Riefkogel: German Nazi military, a Hauptsturmführer (Captain) and Hauptmann der Schutzpolizei, in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Johnny Mize: American baseball player coach and sportscaster (d. 1993).
- Jack Boyle: American baseball player and umpire (d. 1913).
- William M Burton patents a process to "crack" petroleum.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 January 1913 and get them!