Monday 13 January 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Lipton Cup: Introducing Sir Thomas Lipton, directed by Lem B. Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1913 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Jeff Morrow New York City: New York; actor (Bart-Union Pacific, Temperatures Rising).
- Gilbert Cesbron: French novelist.
- Andre Dassart: France Writer.
- Jeff Morrow: Actor (Robe, Harbor Lights, Blood Legacy), dies at 80.
- Thomas P Krag Norwegian author/novelist (Jon Graeff: Ulf Ran), dies at age 44.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated is founded on the campus of Howard University as the second Black Greek Letter Organization for Women. The mission is to make a move towards social activism.
- Ulster Volunteer Force established to fight against Irish Home Rule.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Say Not Love is a Dream - Olive Kline
- The Toymaker's Shop - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?