Saturday 18 January 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Mandy by Barry Manilow.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1975!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1975 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Derek Smith: linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Jamey Fulton: American homicide; stabbed his 14-year-old girlfriend to death on 8/23/1991, c. 5:00 PM EDT, Beverly, Ma.
- Gertrude Olmstead: American actress (Born 1897).
- Jeffersons spinoff from All in the Family premieres on CBS
- Atomic Energy Commission divided between ERDA and Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Earthquake strikes Himachal Pradesh, India
- The United States Energy Research and Development Administration is founded, in response to the 1973 oil crisis.
- In Hanoi, North Vietnam, the Politburo approves the final military offensive against South Vietnam.
- Michael Ovitz founds the Creative Artists Agency.
- Work is abandoned on the British end of the Channel Tunnel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Paul Anka - One Man Woman/One Woman Man
- Donny and Marie Osmond - Morning Side Of The Mountain
- Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?