Saturday 25 January 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Piersma and Tim Montgomery.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Please Mr. Postman by Carpenters.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barney Miller.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anti-Aircraft or Indy 800.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1975!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1975 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- John Piersma: United States -- 200m / 400m freestyle swimmer (1996 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Tim Montgomery: American athlete.
- Eric Lindmann: French swimmer.
- Mia Kirshner: Canadian actress.
- Dat Phan: Vietnamese-American comedian and actor.
- Parliament disposes of Premier sheik Mujib ur-Rahman
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Ohio Players - Fire
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
- Paul Anka - One Man Woman/One Woman Man
- Donny and Marie Osmond - Morning Side Of The Mountain
- Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye
- AWB - Pick Up The Pieces
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?