Thursday 23 January 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Please Mr. Postman by Carpenters.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1975!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1975 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Knocc Out: Rapper.
- Tito Ortiz: American UFC fighter.
- Kevin Alexander: NFL wide receiver (New York Giants).
- Phil Dawson: American football player.
- Karel Paul van der Mandele: director (Rotterdam Bank), dies at age 94.
- Barney Miller premieres on ABC TV
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Ohio Players - Fire
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
- Paul Anka - One Man Woman/One Woman Man
- Donny and Marie Osmond - Morning Side Of The Mountain
- Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye
- AWB - Pick Up The Pieces
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?