Tuesday 28 January 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Laughter In The Rain by Neil Sedaka.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1975!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1975 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Tanya Chua: Singaporean singer-songwriter and producer.
- Terri Conn: American actress.
- Hiroshi Kamiya: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- Pedro Pinto: Portuguese-American journalist.
- Spivey: American baseball player and coach.
- Shark Boy: Wrestler
- Lee Latchford-Evans: British member of a manufactured rock group, STEPS. From the time they were selected from thousands of hopefuls in 1997, STEPS has single-handedly changed the shape of Brit-pop. After a long period of auditions, a whole lot of line-dancing, and six months of try-outs, the five best applicants were chosen for their skills in singing and dancing as well as having a fun attitude. Those five young, talented, hard-working and determined individuals are the members of STEPS: Lisa Scott-Lee, Ian Watkin
- Anne Montminy in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; 10m diver (Olympics-17-1992, 1996).
- Julian Dean in Waihi: New Zealand; team pursuit cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Terri Colombino: American actress
- Junior Spivey: American baseball player
- Ola Raknes: Norwegian psychoanalyst and philologist (Born 1887).
- 8th ABA All-Star Game: East 151 beats West 124 at San Antonio.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Ohio Players - Fire
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
- AWB - Pick Up The Pieces
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Donny and Marie Osmond - Morning Side Of The Mountain
- Eagles - Best Of My Love
- Grand Funk - Some Kind Of Wonderful
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?