Saturday 18 October 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1952 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Bao Ninh: Vietnamese novelist.
- Chuck Lorre: American T.V.
- Roy Dias: Sri Lankan cricketer and coach.
- Paul Geroski: American-English economist and academic (d. 2005).
- Patrick Morrow: Canadian mountaineer and photographer.
- Bảo Ninh: Vietnamese soldier and author
- Allen Ripley: American baseball player (d. 2014)
- Jerry Royster: American baseball player coach and manager
- Ketih Knudsen: Ames, Iowa -- Rocker (Doobie Brothers)
- Buttrio Square closes at New Century Theater NYC after 7 performances
- Vinoo Mankad takes 13 Pakistan wkts to win 1st India-Pak clash
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?