Monday 19 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1954 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Trevor Francis: English footballer and manager.
- Bob Rock: Canadian guitarist songwriter and producer (Payolas).
- Jean Bilski: French assassin and suicide.
- Joe Laurie Jr: Comedian (Can You Top This?), dies at 61.
- 7-time winner of Boston Marathon, 65-year-old Clarence Demar, runs his last race at Boston finishing 78th
- 58th Boston Marathon won by Veikko Karvonen of Finland in 2:20:39. Seven-time winner of the Boston Marathon, 65-year-old Clarence Demar, runs his last race at Boston finishing 78th.
- The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan recognises Urdu and Bengali as the national languages of Pakistan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1954 and get them!