Monday 19 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1954 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Jean Bilski: French assassin and suicide.
- Trevor Francis: English footballer and manager.
- Bob Rock: Canadian guitarist songwriter and producer (Payolas).
- Joe Laurie Jr: Comedian (Can You Top This?), dies at 61.
- 7-time winner of Boston Marathon, 65-year-old Clarence Demar, runs his last race at Boston finishing 78th
- 58th Boston Marathon won by Veikko Karvonen of Finland in 2:20:39. Seven-time winner of the Boston Marathon, 65-year-old Clarence Demar, runs his last race at Boston finishing 78th.
- The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan recognises Urdu and Bengali as the national languages of Pakistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?