Wednesday 28 April 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos;Head Love Chu Chu! or Dark Void.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 April 2010 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 April
- Niger faces total crop failure worse than that of 2005, according to United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator John Holmes. (Reuters)
- A Thai soldier dies in a flareup of tensions in the ongoing conflict between pro- and anti-government factions in Thailand. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- The United States Coast Guard plans a controlled burn to remove spilled oil in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon disaster. (''MarketWatch'')
- Russia posts once classified documents relating to the Katyn massacre online. (''The Guardian'')
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has applied for a visa to visit the United States next week for the Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference, and State Department spokesman Philip Crowley has said they will likely be approved, although ampquota face-to-face meeting between a US diplomat and an Iranian diplomat is highly unlikelyampquot (''The Star'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Four Palestinians die in a tunnel beneath the Egyptian border with the Gaza Strip, possibly after the tunnel was filled with gas or blown up. (Ynetnews)
- A report blames pilot error for the 2007 crash of Kenya Airways Flight 507 in Cameroon. (Reuters Africa)
- United States Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar approves Cape Wind, the nation's first off-shore wind farm. (BBC News)
- Team China is stripped of a 2000 Olympics bronze medal in women's gymnastics after it is revealed that one member of the team was underage. (''NY Times'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 April 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?