Sunday 19 January 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Compton and Dinah Daniels.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1947 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Ann Compton: news reporter (ABC TV).
- Dinah Daniels: American businesswoman, CEO of Praendex, Inc.
- Madeleine Galais: Portugese comedienne.
- Alessandro Haber: Italian stage and TV actor.
- Yves Lenoble: French astrologer, he was used to organizing meetings at "Le Palais des Congrès" in Paris (every year in March).
- Paula Deen: Chef
- Frank Aarebrot: Norwegian political scientist and academic
- Rod Evans: English singer-songwriter (Deep Purple and Captain Beyond)
- Elena Nathanael: Greek film actress (Born 1941)
- SS Himera runs aground at Athens, kills 392
- A shipwreck near Athens, Greece kills 392.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sonata - Jo Stafford
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?