Saturday 19 February 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Justine Bateman in Rye and Prince Markie.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Lightnin' Strikes by Lou Christie.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1966 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Justine Bateman in Rye: New York, USA; actress (Mallory - Family Ties, Satisfaction).
- Prince Markie: D [Mark Morale]; rocker (Fat Boys - "Jail House Rock").
- Matthew Ryan in Port Jefferson: New York, USA; team handball circle (Olympics-1996).
- Paul Haarhuis in Eindhoven: Netherlands; tennis star (1994 US/Australian doubles).
- William White NFL safety (Kansas City Chiefs: Atlanta Falcons).
- Peter Douris in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; NHL right wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Matthew Stuart: American noted family and youngest brother to CharlesStuart. Matthew helped dispose of the jewelry and gun involved in the murder case of his sister-in-law and the ensuing cover-up. He and his friend, John McMahon, confessed to the police 1/03/1990. They were charged with nine counts of felony and Matthew was sentenced to three-to-five years for concealing evidence. Shortly after his release from prison he was arrested in Revere, MA on drug charges but the charges were dropped.
- Justine Bateman: American actress and producer
- Paul Haarhuis: Dutch tennis player
- Enzo Scifo: Belgian footballer and manager
- Eduardo Xol: American designer and author
- The naval minister of the United Kingdom, Christopher Mayhew, resigns.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 February 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?