Friday 11 February 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Gregory in New York City and Anthony Parker NFL cornerback (Minnesota Vikings.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Chase, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1966 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Stephen Gregory in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Chase - The Young and the Restless).
- Anthony Parker NFL cornerback (Minnesota Vikings: Saint Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Patrick Kuhnen: in West Germany; tennis star.
- Alexander Semak in Ufa: Russia; NHL center (New York Islanders).
- Dieudonné : French comedian, actor, and political activist.
- Armen Chakmakian: American musician, a keyboard player with the group Shadowfax. Chakmakian’s music has been described as "New World Music." The group consisted of Andy Abad, Armen Chakmakian, Stuart Nevitt and Ramon Yslas, among others.
- Justin Ryan: Scottish interior decorator and television presenter, the business and life partner of Colin McAllister.
- Dieudonné M'bala: French comedian actor and activist
- The Belgian government resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?