Sunday 27 February 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gregg Rainwater and Chris Howard.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1966 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Gregg Rainwater: Actor (Buck Cross-Young Riders).
- Chris Howard: US baseball catcher (Seattle Mariners).
- Pete Smith US baseball player (Atlanta Braves: New York Mets).
- Donal Logue: Canadian actor.
- Baltasar Kormákur: Icelandic actor director and producer.
- Ice Dance Championship at Davos won by Diane Towler/Bernard Ford (Great Britain).
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Davos won by Peggy Fleming of US.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Davos won by Belousova and Protopopov of USSR.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 February 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?