Saturday 19 March 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Devenport and Debbie Rush.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geheimagent Tegtmeier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1966 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Paul Devenport: in New Zealand; Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Texas Tour).
- Debbie Rush: Soap Opera Actress.
- Dakota Schuetz: .
- Michael Crockart: Scottish police officer and politician.
- Andy Sinton: English footballer and manager.
- Pousse Cafe closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 3 performances
- Belgium government of Vanden Boeynants begins.
- Texas Western becomes the first college basketball team to win the Final Four with an all-black starting lineup.
- The Texas Western Miners defeat the Kentucky Wildcats with 5 African-American starters, ushering in desegregation in athletic recruiting.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?