Sunday 20 February 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Crawford in Dekalb and Dennis Allen Mitchell in Cherry Point.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Lightnin' Strikes by Lou Christie.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1966 ?
- Cindy Crawford in Dekalb: Illinois, USA; super model (Sports Illustrated Swimsuit).
- Dennis Allen Mitchell in Cherry Point: North Carolina, USA; 100 metre/200 metre (Olympics-silver-1996).
- Derek Lilliquist US baseball pitcher (Cleveland Indians: Atlanta Braves).
- Britt Hager NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos: Saint Louis Rams).
- Cecilia Cummins in Clintwood: Virginia, USA, 5th of five siblings born on February 20.
- Cindy Crawford: American model. Crawford is known for her trademark mole just above her lip. During the 1980s and 1990s, Cindy Crawford was among the most popular supermodels, and a ubiquitous presence on magazine covers. Her success at modeling made her an international celebrity that has led to roles in television and film, and to work as a spokesperson.
- Author Valery Tarsis banished in the USSR
- While Soviet author and translator Valery Tarsis is abroad, the Soviet Union negates his citizenship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?