Friday 19 April 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1946 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Duygu Asena: Turkish journalist author and activist (d. 2006).
- Euphrosyne Doxiadis: Greek-French painter and author.
- Mary Slater: American casting director and producer.
- Viktor Viktorovich Zabolotsky: Russia -- Cosmonaut (BST-02).
- Mary Jo Slater: American casting director.
- Leon Wessels: South Africa lawyer/underminister of Law and Order.
- Xavier Langlade: French political activist, leader of the Revolutionary Communist League who died in Cuba on 15 January 2007.
- Tim Curry: British actor, composer and singer best known for his role as Dr. Frank N. Furter in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," 1975, maintaining its status as a wildly popular cult favorite clear into the next century.
- Yankees switch from 3rd base to 1st base dug out
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1946 and get them!