Saturday 19 October 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Percy Ellsworth and Sigolène Vinson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Nothing From Nothing by Billy Preston.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Airport 1975, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1974 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Percy Ellsworth: Safety (New York Giants).
- Sigolène Vinson: Lawyer and comedian, she became novelist and legal reporter for Charlie Hebdo.
- Detroit Pistons beat Trailblazers in Portland (next win 6-1-90)
- Detroit Red Wings' Mickey Redmond scores the first hat trick against Washington Capitals.
- Niue becomes a self-governing colony of New Zealand.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 October 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Blue Swede - Never My Love
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- The Osmonds - Love Me For A Reason
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?