Thursday 17 October 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adeyeye Ogunwusi and Ariel Levy.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Nothing From Nothing by Billy Preston.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Airport 1975, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1974 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Adeyeye Ogunwusi: Nigerian business magnate, entrepreneur, financial expert and the 51st Ooni of Ife (the paramout yoruba traditional ruler of Ile Ife, the ancestral home of the Yorubas).
- Ariel Levy: American journalist and author.
- Matthew Macfadyen: English actor.
- Janne Puurtinen: Finnish keyboard player (HIM).
- Cincinnati Red: American wrestler (d. 2015).
- NBA New Orleans Jazz begin a 28 game road losing streak
- Washington Capitals' first NHL home victory, beating Chicago Black Hawks 4-3.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Blue Swede - Never My Love
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- The Osmonds - Love Me For A Reason
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?