Thursday 20 August 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Missie McGeorge and Richard DeStasio.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Big Hunk O' Love by Elvis Presley.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1959 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Missie McGeorge: Pueblo, Colorado -- LPGA golfer (1994 PING-Cellular One).
- Richard DeStasio: Horse trainer.
- Alfred Kubin: Austrian author and illustrator (d. 1959).
- Belgium shortens conscription to 12 months
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 August 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
- Ricky Nelson - Just A Little Too Much
- Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?