Monday 20 February 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1956 ?
- Charles Cummins in Clintwood: Virginia, USA; third of five siblings born on February 20.
- Charlie Adler: American voice actor.
- Rick Green: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Patrick Orrière: French race horse trainer who died on 24 February 2014.
- Annu Kapoor: Indian actor.
- WOSU TV channel 34 in Columbus, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 February 1956 and get them!