Thursday 20 July 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1939 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Judy Chicago: American painter and sculptor.
- Judy Chicago [Cohen]: Chicago, Illinois -- Artist (Dinner Party).
- Frank Budd: American track & field champion, and professional football player.
- Wes Magee: Scottish-born poet and children's author.
- Joseph Mendes da Costa: Dutch symbolist sculptor and art teacher.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?