Saturday 20 August 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1938 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Peter Day: English chemist and academic.
- Alain Vivien: French politician.
- Jean-Loup Jaques Marie Chretien: France -- Cosmonaut (T-6, TM-7, STS 86).
- Anne Cameron: Canadian novelist, poet, screenwriter and short story writer.
- Lou Gehrig hits his 23rd career grand slam : a record that still stands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 August 1938 and get them!