Monday 27 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1942 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Elie Cester: .
- Édith Butler: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- John Pleshette: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Dennis Ralston: American tennis player.
- Barbara Ferris: London, England -- Actress (Nice Girl Like Me).
- John Pleshette in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Richard - Knots Landing, 7th Avenue).
- Robert Arthur Thornbury Campbell: Journalist / musician
- R Ralston: Bakersfield sports Champions
- Edith Butler: Canadian singer and songwriter
- Ernest Ross: Scottish politician, a Labour M.P. returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Mystic Meg: British commercial astrologer and professional mystic. Aware of being psychic from age seven, she began her adult life as a working-class Northern girl until 1986, when she reinvented herself as the News of the World's occult columnist. She is known as very private and ambitious. Her close partner died around 1976.
- William Matthew Finders Petrie: Egyptologist.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?