Wednesday 22 July 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1942 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Michael Clark: American TV executive, Vice-President of Program Development for Showtime Entertainment in 1979.
- Michael Abney-Hastings: 14th Earl of Loudoun English-Australian politician (d. 2012).
- Peter Habeler: Austrian mountaineer and skier.
- Philippe Kourilsky: French biologist, member of 'Académie des sciences' and Honorary Professor at 'Collège de France.
- Les Johns: Australian rugby player and coach.
- 4th Russian Pantser army forms with 80 tanks
- Gasoline rationing using coupons begins
- Warsaw Ghetto Jews (300,000) are sent to Treblinka extermination Camp
- The United States government begins compulsory civilian gasoline rationing due to the wartime demands.
- Holocaust: the systematic deportation of Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?