Wednesday 22 July 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Clark and Philippe Kourilsky.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1942 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Michael Clark: American TV executive, Vice-President of Program Development for Showtime Entertainment in 1979.
- Philippe Kourilsky: French biologist, member of 'Académie des sciences' and Honorary Professor at 'Collège de France.
- Michael Abney-Hastings: 14th Earl of Loudoun English-Australian politician (d. 2012).
- Peter Habeler: Austrian mountaineer and skier.
- Les Johns: Australian rugby player and coach.
- 4th Russian Pantser army forms with 80 tanks
- Gasoline rationing using coupons begins
- Warsaw Ghetto Jews (300,000) are sent to Treblinka extermination Camp
- The United States government begins compulsory civilian gasoline rationing due to the wartime demands.
- Holocaust: the systematic deportation of Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto begins.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?