Thursday 30 July 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Holiday Inn, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 30 July 1942 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 July 1942 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
See other famous people born on 30 July
- German occupiers set night curfew on Jews in the Netherlands
- US President Franklin Roosevelt signs bill creating women's Navy auxiliary agency (WAVES).
- German SS kills 25,000 Jews in Minsk, Belorussia.
- Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service (WAVES).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1942?
- Life: Atlantic convoy ship
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Marshal Timoshenko -- July 27, 1942
- Life: Woman in Short coat
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This is the classic work that tells the true story surrounding the miraculous visions of St. Bernadette Soubirous at Lourdes, France in 1858. Werfel, a highly respected anti-Nazi writer from Vienna, became a Jewish refugee who barely escaped death in ...
Occupied by enemy troops, a small, peaceable town comes face-to-face with evil imposed from the outside—and betrayal born within the close-knit community In this masterful tale set in Norway during World War II, Steinbeck explores the effects of invasion on ...
DJ is rather worn to edges with tears and chips/holes and spine well faded/sunned. Content is lightly age toned with heavier toning to the rough cut page ends and endpapers.
A lovely romance novel that's once a bestseller and was made into a movie (in 1944) and is praised for its aesthetic beauty for ages, is what's this novel And Now Tomorrow's short introduction.
Tell the world why 30 July 1942 is such a special date for you!