Monday 20 June 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Andrews and Paul Shaw.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Captain Video and His Video Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1949 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Bob Andrews: England, United Kingdom -- Rock keyboardist / vocalist.
- Paul Shaw: Collingwood, Ontario -- Trap shooter (1996 Olympics).
- Dominique Maraninchi: French oncologist, who served from February 2011 to August 2014 as general manager of 'Agence française de sécurité sanitaire des produits de santé' (Agency for the Safety of Health Products), often abbreviated AFSSAPS or AFSSaPS, a French government institution whose main mission was to assess health risks posed by health products intended for human consumption, particularly pharmaceutical drugs.
- Lionel Richie: R&B Singer.
- Alan Longmuir: Scottish bass player songwriter and actor (Bay City Rollers).
- Central Intelligence Agency Act, passes
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?