Saturday 25 June 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1949 ?
- Richard Clarke: Irish archbishop.
- Patrick Tambay: French race car driver.
- Mark Johnson: American thief, given ten years prison sentence for burglary.
- Brenda Sykes in Shreveport: Louisiana, USA; actress (Ozzie's Girls, Getting Straight).
- Jimmie Walker in the Bronx: New York, USA; comedian/actor (JJ - Good Times, At Ease).
- Kene Holliday in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Tyler - Matlock, Carter Country).
- Phyllis George-Brown in Denton: Texas, USA; Miss America (1971)/sportscaster.
- Phyllis George: American Beauty Queen and broadcaster. She was a former Miss America who joined CBS-TV as a sports announcer, hosting the Tournament of Roses Parade.
- Buck Freeman: American baseball player (Born 1871).
- Presidential election in Syria (some women allowed to vote)
- Long-Haired Hare, starring Bugs Bunny, is released in theaters.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Room Full of Roses - Dick Haymes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?