Saturday 25 June 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kene Holliday in New York City and Phyllis George-Brown in Denton.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Mama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1949 ?
- Kene Holliday in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Tyler - Matlock, Carter Country).
- Phyllis George-Brown in Denton: Texas, USA; Miss America (1971)/sportscaster.
- Brenda Sykes in Shreveport: Louisiana, USA; actress (Ozzie's Girls, Getting Straight).
- Jimmie Walker in the Bronx: New York, USA; comedian/actor (JJ - Good Times, At Ease).
- Phyllis George: American Beauty Queen and broadcaster.
- Mark Johnson: American thief, given ten years prison sentence for burglary. He entered prison 2/16/1991.
- Richard Clarke: Irish archbishop
- Patrick Tambay: French race car driver
- Buck Freeman: American baseball player (Born 1871).
- Presidential election in Syria (some women allowed to vote)
- Long-Haired Hare, starring Bugs Bunny, is released in theaters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Room Full of Roses - Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?