Friday 3 June 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1949 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Floyd Lloyd: Jamaican reggae singer.
- Philippe Djian: French writer, a novelist and screenwriter.
- David Evenett: MP (Conservative).
- Stephen Ruppenthal: Composer.
- Amedos Peter Giannine: founder of Bank of America, dies at age 79.
- 1st negro to graduate from US Naval Academy (Wesley Anthony Brown)
- Dragnet is 1st broadcast on radio (KFI in Los Angeles)
- GN Clark becomes 1st female US treasurer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Peggy Lee
- Some Enchanted Evening - Bing Crosby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?