Tuesday 21 June 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1949 ?
- Keith Raffan: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1992.
- Selma Schepel: Dutch astrologer, journalist and translator of Abyssinian hieroglyphics into Dutch for a book, published in late 1988.
- Jim Bacchus: (Rep-D-Florida).
- Dominique Prieur: French military officer who was convicted of manslaughter over her part in the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior.
- John Agard: Guyanese-English author poet and playwright.
- Derek Emslie: Lord Kingarth Scottish lawyer and judge
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?