Tuesday 21 June 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Bacchus and Dominique Prieur.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireball Fun-For-All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1949 ?
- Jim Bacchus: (Rep-D-Florida).
- Dominique Prieur: French military officer who was convicted of manslaughter over her part in the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior.
- Keith Raffan: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1992.
- Selma Schepel: Dutch astrologer, journalist and translator of Abyssinian hieroglyphics into Dutch for a book, published in late 1988.
- John Agard: Guyanese-English author poet and playwright.
- Derek Emslie: Lord Kingarth Scottish lawyer and judge
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?