Saturday 20 May 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David M Walker in Columbus and Boudouin de.
Mr. Skeffington, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1944 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- David M Walker in Columbus: Georgia, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 51-A 30, 53, 69).
- Boudouin de: Groot; Dutch singer ("Good night mister president").
- Joe Cocker: British musician, a singer and drummer known for gutsy vocals and spastic gestures.
- Cipa Dichter: Brazilian musician who played dual pianos with her husband Mischa.
- Boudewijn Groot: The most famous Dutch protest singer and songwriter.
- Dietrich Mateschitz: Austrian president and founder of the energy drink Red Bull Company.
- Boudewijn de Groot: Indonesian-Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Keith Fletcher: English cricketer and manager
- Kathrin Thomas: Welsh politician Lord Lieutenant of Mid Glamorgan
- US Communist Party dissolves.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 May 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?