Monday 20 May 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Jessie and Sébastien Carrat.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1974 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Brandon Jessie: tight end (New York Giants).
- Sébastien Carrat: French athlete, a sprinter (36th best French sprinter) and rugby player whose preferred position was winger.
- Laurence Manfredi: French shot putter, who finished fifth at the 2007 European Indoor Championships.
- Allison Amend: American novelist and short story writer.
- Soyuz 14 returns to Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?